Adusa Leaves Powder - 250 g
The leaves of adusa or Malabar nuts are rich in vitamin C and carotene and yield an essential oil. Adusa leaves in powder form by Truu can be used to treat respiratory problems like asthma & bronchitis.
FREE DELIVERY within India for orders above 499
Estimated Delivery: 7 - 10 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
Adusa Leaves Powder:
What is it -
Common name: Adusa, vasaka, vasa, Adulsa
Botanical name: Adhatoda vasica
Part used: Leaves, roots, flowers, bark
It is a large shrub grows crowded along waste land, roadsides etc. Leaves are simple, opposite, ovate-lanceolate, acute and shiny. Flowers are white in capsule shape.
What it contains:
Quinazoline Alkaloids: Vasicine, De-Oxyvasicine, Oxyvasicine, N-Oxides of Vasicine, Vasicoline, Adhatodine, Anisotine, 1,2,3,9-Tetrahydro-5-Methoxypyrrolo[2,1-b] Quinazolin-3-ol Ketones: Vasicinone, Maiontone, De-Oxyvasicinone, Vasicolinone, Adhavasinone Essential Oils: Vasicinol
• The leaves of Malabar nut are rich in vitamin C and carotene and yield an essential oil.
• The shrub is the source of a drug well known in indigenous systems of medicine for its beneficial effects, particularly in bronchitis.
• Its leaves, flowers, fruits and roots are extensively used for treating cold, cough, whooping cough, chronic bronchitis and asthma.
• The leaves are known to moderate the hypotensive activity, by lowering the blood pressure.
• They assist in conditions like uterine involution, menorrhagia (excessive menstural bleeding), post-childbirth hemorrhage and uterine stimulant activity.
• The fresh juice obtained from leaves of Malabar nut has been used to treat tuberculosis. Its local use gives relief from pyorrhea and bleeding gums.
• The leaves of this plant are, sometimes, also used as insecticides.
• Antispasmodic properties are also associated with the plant. It helps in easing pain.
Weight: 250 gms