Ashoka bark powder:
What is it -
Common name: Ashoka, Sita-ashoka, Asupala, Anganapriya, Malkangani, Malkunki
Botanical name: Saraca indica
Part used: Bark
Ashoka is a small, spreading, evergreen tree, with smooth brownish bark and compound leaves forming a dense crown. This tree has to be distinguished from the Indian fir or mast tree, botanically known as polyalthia longifolia. Ashoka is one of the sacred trees of the Hindus. Ashoka bark powder is Ayurvedic foremost uterine tonic and has many traditional uses that help support a healthy female reproductive system. Its name literally means 'remover of sorrow', attesting to its ability to promote health and healing. It is useful for supporting a regular monthly cycle and for promoting a normal, healthy menstrual flow. Ashoka powder soothes the nerves and promotes uterine comfort while helping to promote healthy ovarian and endometrial tissue.
What it contains:
The dried bark powder of the tree constitutes the drug. The powder of the bark contains silica, sodium, potassiom, phosphate, magnesium, iron, calcium, strontium and aluminium. A crystalline glycosidal substance has been isolated from the bark with galactose as the constituent sugar.
• Menstruation – The bark powder of the tree is used to cure excessive loss of blood during menstruation in presence of leucorrhea, uterine fibroids and other reasons. The bark is taken as a decoction and used as a substitute for a dried fungus, Ergot used to cure the uterine hemorrhgaes.
• Piles – Bark powder of the tree is used for cure of internal piles. Decoction prepared from bark is used to cure piles.
• Insect Bite – The bark powder of the tree is used to treat scorpion bite.
• Complexion Enhancement – The bark of the tree is used for enhancing complexion.
• Blood Purification – Ashoka powder is used to prepare Ayurvedic tonics to purify blood.
• Worms Infestation – The bark powder are used to get rid of worms in stomach.
Ashokarishta is an Ayurvedic preparation from Ashoka tree to cure various diseases in women. It reduces excessive bleeding, leucorrhea and headache. The above are some of the health benefits of Ashoka powder.
How to use:
Dose for Ashoka bark Powder is 3-6 gm daily.
Weight: 250 gms