Coriander Seed Whole - 250 g
Coriander seeds are aromatic and spicy. Its seeds have found utility since ancient times in cooking as well as in various traditional medicines. Coriander seeds powder are rich in copper, magnesium, iron, potassium, manganese, and zinc.
FREE DELIVERY within India for orders above 499
Availability: Out of stock
Estimated Delivery: 10 - 15 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
Coriander Seed Whole:
What is it -
Common name: Coriandrum sativum, Chinese parsley, Cilantro, Coriandri Fructus, Dhanyaka, Koriander, Kustumburi, Dhaniya
Botanical name: Coriandrum sativum
Part used: seed
Coriander is considered both an herb and a spice since its seeds are used as a seasoning condiment. Fresh coriander leaves are more commonly known as cilantro and bear a strong resemblance to Italian flat leaf parsley. This is not surprising owing to the fact that they belong to the same plant family (Umbelliferae).
The fruit of the coriander plant contains two seeds which, when dried, are the parts that are used as the dried spice. When ripe, the seeds are yellowish-brown in color with longitudinal ridges. They have a fragrant flavor that is reminiscent of both citrus peel and sage. Coriander seeds are available in whole or ground powder form.
The name coriander is derived from the Greek word koris, which means bug. It may have earned this name because of the "buggy" offensive smell that it has when unripe. The Latin name for coriander is Coriandrum sativum.
What it contains:
The chemical constituents of coriander powder include protein, fat, minerals, carbohydrates and moisture. The dried fruits are rich in fibre (32.6%), carbohydrates (21.6%), protein (14.1%) and fat (16.1%).
· One of coriander seeds powder many medicinal uses is that they can be used for clearing colds and coughs. Coriander seeds can be boiled in water along with little pepper corns, cumin seeds, and garlic flakes to make a decoction that helps clear phlegm and nasal congestion.
· Oddly enough, the same concoction can be used to clear flatulence. Coriander seeds powder can be boiled in water to make coriander tea and mixed with honey to soothe the acidity, ease constipation, clear toxins from the body, and prevent indigestion. Its digestive benefits can be attributed to the dietary fiber found in coriander.
· Its antioxidant properties make it excellent for preventing free radicle damage. For the same reason, coriander seeds powder are beneficial to skin as helps detoxify the skin and can also be used to treat fungal infections.
· Coriander seeds powder are rich in copper, magnesium, iron, potassium, manganese, and zinc. These essential minerals help in increasing red blood cell count, improving metabolism, regulating growth, enhancing sperm generation, synthesizing nucleic acids, keeping blood pressure in check, and keeping diabetes in control.
· Coriander powder is also an effective antiseptic as it contains citronelol, which helps in healing mouth ulcers. It can also be used as a remedy against bad breath. Its antibacterial property helps it fight chicken pox and reduces pain caused by the pox.
· Coriander seeds powder enhance proper endocrine secretion, relieving menstrual discomfort and pain.
How to use:
The daily dose of coriander is 3g of the dried seed powder taken directly or as an infusion. To prepare an infusion: Pour approximately 150ml of boiling water over 1-2 teaspoonfuls of powdered coriander seed, cover and after about 10-15 minutes pass through a tea strainer. Unless otherwise prescribed, a moderately warm cup of the freshly prepared infusion is drunk between meals two to four times a day.
What should remember:
· Excessive use of coriander seeds powder can cause liver problems.
· Pregnant women can use coriander seeds powder but in lesser amounts.
· While coriander powder may have numerous health benefits, care should still be observed in its use as the coriander powder can trigger allergic reactions and asthma attacks and bronchitis among chronic sufferers
Why you should buy it:
· Pure Ayurveda herb sourced naturally and processed manually
· Free of pesticides and insecticides
· No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. It’s truly natural
· Handled with love to gift you the mother earth’s love
Weight: 250 gms