Cumin Seed Powder - 250 g
Natural and herbal treatment for insomnia, respiratory disorders, common cold, etc. Cumin seed powder from Truu is used not only as a food enhancer but it aids in increasing lactation and reduces nausea in pregnancy and stimulates the appetite.
FREE DELIVERY within India for all orders
Estimated Delivery: 7 - 10 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
Cumin Seed Powder:
What is it -
Common Name: Cumin, Comino, Jeera , Zeera, Seeragam
Botanical name: Cuminum cyminum
Parts Used: Seeds
Cumin seeds belong to the parsley and dill family and resemble caraway seeds, though they are different in flavor from them. Oblong shaped, these pale or dark brownish seeds are a very popular spice in the world and are used as a spice for their distinctive aroma. It is an aromatic spice with bitter and warm flavor. This ancient spice is popular in Indian , Mexican, North African, Middle Eastern, and western Chinese cuisines. Cumin is one of the most typical spices for India and is fried or roasted before usage.Cumin is a small annual plant native to the Mediterranean region, where it is cultivated extensively. The cumin seed is widely used in cooking. The dried seeds resemble those of caraway, but are straighter in form and have a coarser taste and odor.
What it contains:
The tablespoon of cumin contains a gram of dietary fiber. It also contains a significant amount of thiamine, potassium, phosphorus and copper, as well as calcium, iron and magnesium. Cumin seed powder have antioxidant, anticancer, hypoglycemic, antiepileptic, ant osteoporotic, ophthalmic, antibacterial, and larvicidal effects;
• It aids in increasing lactation and reduce nausea in pregnancy.
• Cumin stimulates the appetite.
• Cumin seed powder can help boost the Liver's ability to detoxify the body.
• It may help relieve symptoms of cold due to its antiseptic properties.
• Cumin seed powder can help increase the heat in the body thus making metabolism more efficient.
• Cumin paste is used to treat boils.
• It is used as a stimulant and an antispasmodic and is also said to relieve nausea and diarrhea and to treat morning sickness.
How to use:
There are no recent clinical studies of cumin that provide a basis for dosage recommendations.
Weight: 250 gms