Fennel Seed Powder - 250 g
Best recommended for nursing mothers, fennel seeds are also used as a remedy for flatulence and indigestion in traditional medicines. Fennel seed powder from Truu soothes the gastrointestinal tract and relieves cramps, relaxes uterus and promotes breast enhancement.
FREE DELIVERY within India for orders above 499
Out of stock
Estimated Delivery: 10 - 15 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
Fennel Seed Powder:
What Is It -
Common Name: Fennel, sweet fennel, bitter fennel, carosella, Florence fennel, finocchio, garden fennel, large fennel, wild fennel, saunf
Botanical Name: Foeniculum vulgare
Part Used: Seed
Color: Bright green
Geographical region: Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh ,Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal
Fennel seeds are air dried and grounded into fine powder. Fennel seed powder is available ready-made in stores. One can select according to brand preference. The powder has to be stored in air-tight bottles away from moisture and pests. It keeps fresh for 5-6 months. Always choose the fennel seed powder made from organically grown fennel. In Indian cooking fennel powder is widely used to flavor all vegetable and meat dishes. It can be liberally sprinkled on soups, salads and stocks to flavor them. It can also be spread on pasta, pizza and eggs. It can also flavor dal, sambhar and other bean dishes. Fennel powder is also used in chicken and fish dishes. Fennel powder is used in marinades.
What it contains:
The essential seed contains anethole (50 to 80%), limonene (5%), fenchone (5%), estragole (methyl-chavicol), safrole, a-pinene (0.5%), camphene, b-pinene, b-myrcene and p-cymene. The seed also contains fiber and complex carbohydrates.
Credited with a likable distinctive taste, fennel powder also finds its round in the alternative medicine practice for the following reasons
• Treats stomach problems like indigestion, heartburn, bloating, flatulence, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Soothes the gastrointestinal tract and relieves cramps
• Relaxes uterus and promotes breast enhancement
• Treats hormonal imbalances related to menstruation and lactation
• Reduces water retention – natural diuretic
• Improves body hemoglobin – reduces anemia
• Laxative - Improves bowels (constipation and diarrhea)
• Reduces colic
• Expectorant – reduces respiratory problems like cold, cough, congestion, bronchitis, etc.
• Promotes eye care – protects eyes from inflammation, disorders due to aging, macular degeneration
• Improves milk flow in lactation – galactagouge
• Reduces anxiety and depression
• Good for heart – reduces blood pressure and prevents angina
• Helps treat symptoms related to dysmenorrheal and amenhorrea
• Reduces pain
• Reduces fever
• Possesses anticonvulsant properties
How to use:
Sweet, fragrant fennel seed powder can be used as a gentle cleanser and skin toner. It can help soothe mildly irritated skin. When used in a facial steam or facial mud, fennel allows the pores to open. Mix 2 teaspoons of fennel seed powder with a small amount of buttermilk or heavy cream and lightly heat the mixture. Use the mixture as a gentle milk cleanser. Add fennel seed powder to bath teas, milk baths, soap and body powders.
Weight: 250 gms