Flaxseed Whole - 250 g
Oldest fiber crop in the world, flaxseeds or linseeds are a rich source of micronutrients and dietary fiber. This whole flaxseed from Truu is 100% pure and natural.
FREE DELIVERY within India for orders above 499
Estimated Delivery: 7 - 10 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
Flax Seed Whole:
What is it -
Common name: Flax Seeds, Linseed, Alasi, Atasi, Jawas, teesi.
Botanical name: Linum usitatissimum
Part used: Seed
Linseed or flaxseed is the seed from the flax plant (Linum usitatissimum), which is a member of the Linaceae family and is a source of both oil and fiber. The seed is of a flattened, elongated oval shape with a brown-yellowish color and a glossy surface. The plant is native to West Asia and the Mediterranean. The ancient Egyptians used flaxseed as both food and medicine. In the past, flaxseed was used mostly as a laxative. It is high in fiber and has gummy material called mucilage, both of which expand when they come in contact with water. They add bulk to stool and help it move more quickly through the intestines.
What it contains:
Flaxseeds are a rich source of micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, and the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, also known as ALA or omega-3.
• Very low in carbohydrates which makes it an ideal choice for people limiting their intake of starches and sugars.
• Perfect combination of healthy fat and high fiber content which make it a great food ideal for weight loss and maintenance
• Rich in most of the B vitamins, magnesium, and manganese.
• Flax seed is Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids which is essential in fighting against chronic diseases including heart disease, arthritis, asthma, diabetes, and even some cancers.
• Immensely high in fiber – both soluble and insoluble, which is for the cholesterol-lowering effects along with stabilizing the blood sugar thereby enabling proper functioning of the intestines.
• Flax seed is high in phytochemicals, including many antioxidants. It is perhaps our best source of lignans, which convert in our intestines to substances which tend to balance female hormones. There is evidence that lignans may promote fertility, reduce peri-menopausal symptoms, and possibly help prevent breast cancer. In addition, lignans may help prevent Type 2 diabetes.
How to use:
Flaxseed: Take 1 tablespoonful (tbsp), 2 - 3 times daily or 2 - 4 tbsp, 1 time daily. Grind before eating and take with lots of water.
Weight: 250 gms