Jamun Seed Powder - 250 g
Seeds of the luscious jamun fruit which is loaded with antioxidants and flavanoids essential for a healthy body and mind. This jamun seed powder from Truu is used for digestive ailments and help control blood sugar levels making it ideal for diabetics.
FREE DELIVERY within India for orders above 499
Out of stock
Estimated Delivery: 10 - 15 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
Jamun seed powder:
What is it -
Common name: jambas, jamun, jambolan, rajaman, kala jamun, neredu, naval, nerale, jamali, java plum, black plum and black berry.
Botanical name: Syzygium cumini
Part used: seed
Historically Jamun was used for non diabetic disorders. However in 16th century it was discovered by one of the eminent ayurvedic scholars that the seeds have anti diabetic properties. Since then not only traditional medicine, modern science also started focusing on its blood glucose or blood sugar controlling properties. Ayurvedic scholars mentioned three types of Jambolan varieties. However, only one survived. The leaves, bark, and seeds are the most useful parts among which the seeds are popular for their anti diabetic properties. In traditional Ayurvedic medicine Jambolan was use to help with thirst, diarrhea, and in healing of wounds. The key ingredient that shows anti diabetic action is jamboline (a chemical) in the seeds.
What it contains:
The seed contains the glycoside, jamboline, gallic acid and essential oils.
Fruit pulp per 100 gm has following constituent -
Trace elements 4%
Calcium 15 mg
Phosphorus 15 mg
Iron 12 mg
Vitamin C 18 mg
As per observations, up to 30% in glucose reduction can be expected from Jambolan seeds powder. The unique phenomenon in Jambolan seeds is that the main ingredient jamboline a chemical alone would not exhibit anti diabetic property. With the catalytic activity and association with other inorganic or inactive substances in the seed powder, it exhibits the anti diabetic activity.
• The seed Powder use for digestive ailments.
• Diabetics are advised to consume one tsp of this jamun seed powder in empty stomach early morning.
• It is well known to contrl the blood sugar levels.
• It has curing properties for diahorea & Dysentry.
• It is also helpful in the curing of the mouth ulcers.
How to use:
• Dried seeds powder three times a day of a gram each dose will help to reduce high blood sugar. in addition, it helps to reduce the insulin dose too
• Two grams of dried seeds powder will reduce polyuria of any cause.
• Dried seeds powder at one gram per day will help to reduce irritable bowel syndrome.
Weight: 250 gms