Kutki Root Powder - 250 g
Naturally rich in anti-oxidant, kutki is widely used in liver tonic enzymes. Kutki root powder from Truu aids in digestion and also remedies skin problems.
Estimated Delivery: 7 - 10 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
Kutki root powder:
Family Name: Scrophulariaceae
Botanical Name: Picrorhiza Kurroa
Common Name: Kutki
Other Names: Picrorhiza Kurroa, Katuka Katki, Katuka, Kuru & Kadu.
Effect on Doshas (Humor): Balancing Pitta (agni) and Kapha (water) doshas. It may aggravate Vata (air) if taken in excess.
Chemical Composition: Kutkin, D-mannitol, Vanillic acid two C-9 iridoid glycosides-Picroside I and Kutakosid, Apocynin, Picroside II and some steroids are present.
Action and Uses as per Ayurveda: Excretory, female reproductive, digestive, circulatory, nervous. Small doses-bitter stomachic and laxative, large doses-cathartic; anti-periodic, cholagogue, used in epilepsy, paralysis, emmenagogue, emetic, skin problems, best remedy for liver disorders.
Benefits of Kutki
• Kutki is antioxidant.
• It modulates liver enzyme levels that are already in the normal range.
• It has Pitta (fire) pacifying property.
• Supports healthy immune system.
• Purify blood and provides healthy skin.
• It is mild laxative in nature.
• It aids in the formation of digestive enzymes.
• It helps in the expulsion of toxins from the body in the form of urine.
• It also supports female reproductive system.
• Kutki improves lactation, stimulates appetite, supports epidemic jaundice, viral hepatitis.
• Kutki Root Powder contains Phytochemical Kutkoside as well as antioxidant flavonoids. It shields the liver from toxins.
• Kutki Powder stimulates stomach activity and cure constipation.
• Kutki Powder improves the gall bladder secretions and helps in digestion and metabolism of fats.
• Kutki Powder is very useful in dyspepsia. It strengthens the stomach and improve appetite thus stimulating the secretion of gastric juice.
Usage of Kutki powder:
• The decoction of Kutki Powder with "Neem Powder" is useful in fever.
• In liver problem take 1 tsp of Kutki Powder with equal amount of Honey regularly.
Weight: 250 gms