Fennel Seed Whole - 100 g
In Ayurveda, fennel is called 'samf' or 'saunf', 'madhurika', or ‘shatapushpa’ (amongst other names) and believed to taste bitter, pungent, and sweet. Fennel is considered nourishing to the brain and eyes, calming to the spirit, and stimulating to the libido. Weight: 100g
FREE DELIVERY within India for orders above 499
Availability: Out of stock
Estimated Delivery: 10 - 15 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
What is it?
Common name: Fennel, souf
Botanical name: Foeniculum vulgare
Part used: Seed
Fennel is a beautiful plant. It has a thick, perennial root-stock, stout stems, 4 to 5 feet or more in height, erect and cylindrical, bright green and so smooth as to seem polished, much branched bearing leaves cut into the very finest of segments. The bright golden flowers, produced in large, flat terminal umbels, with from thirteen to twenty rays, are in bloom in July and August.
In the kitchen garden this naturally ornamental, graceful plant, generally has its stems cut down to secure a constant crop of green leaves for flavouring and garnishing, so that the plant is seldom seen in the same perfection as in the wild state. In the original wild condition, it is variable as to size, habit, shape and colour of leaf, number of rays in the flower-head or umbel, and shape of fruit, but it has been under cultivation for so long that there are now several well-marked species. The Common Garden Fennel (F. Capillaceum or officinale) is distinguished from its wild relative (F. vulgare) by having much stouter, taller, tubular and larger stems, and less divided leaves, but the chief distinction is that the leaf-stalks form a curved sheath around the stem, often even as far as the base of the leaf above. The flower-stalks, or pedicels, of the umbels are also sturdier, and the fruits, 1/4 to 1/2 inch long, are double the size of the wild ones.
Color: Bright green
Geographical region: Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh ,Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal
• Treats stomach problems like indigestion, heartburn, bloating, flatulence, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Soothes the gastrointestinal tract and relieves cramps
• Relaxes uterus and promotes breast enhancement
• Treats hormonal imbalances related to menstruation and lactation
• Reduces water retention – natural diuretic
• Improves body hemoglobin – reduces anemia
• Laxative - Improves bowels (constipation and diarrhea)
• Reduces colic
• Expectorant – reduces respiratory problems like cold, cough, congestion, bronchitis, etc.
• Promotes eye care – protects eyes from inflammation, disorders due to aging, macular degeneration
• Improves milk flow in lactation – galactagouge
• Reduces anxiety and depression
• Good for heart – reduces blood pressure and prevents angina
• Helps treat symptoms related to dysmenorrheal and amenhorrea
• Reduces pain
• Reduces fever
• Possesses anticonvulsant properties