Psylliumhusk Powder - 250 g
Psyllium Powder is a pulvarised form of the Husk. It provides dietary fibre to your body and plays an important role in maintaining regularity and gastrointestinal health. Psylliumhusk powder from Truu also helps lower cholesterol and is used in Ice-cream, jams, beverages, bread, biscuits, other baked food, instant noodles, etc.
FREE DELIVERY within India for orders above 499
Availability: Out of stock
Estimated Delivery: 10 - 15 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
Psyllium husk powder:
What is it -
Common name: Sand Plantain, Flea Seed, Ispaghula, Psyllium Seed, Indian Plantago, Spogel
Botanical name: Plantago psyllium
Part used: seed husk
Color: Light Brown to dark brown
Psyllium husk has a long history of use in traditional and herbal medicines. Metamucil, which contains psyllium, was introduced to the United States almost 80 years ago. Psyllium husk is derived from the seed of the plantago ovata plant. Besides plantago ovata, psyllium is also known as ispaghula and isapgol. Plantago ovata is an annual herb native to Asia, the Mediterranean region, and North Africa. Psyllium grows in sandy and silty soils.Psyllium is extensively cultivated in India and Pakistan. India provides about 85 percent of the psyllium available in the world market. The United States is the world's largest importer of psyllium husk. Psyllium has a long history of use throughout the world. It has been used in traditional medicine in the United States, Europe, India, and China.
In the U.S., psyllium husk is most often used as a bulk-fiber laxative, in foods or in various fiber supplements. In fact, psyllium is a source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. In 1998, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized the use of a health claim in the labeling of foods and dietary supplements containing psyllium husk. The health claim states that diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium, as found in Metamucil, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol.
What it contains:
ascorbic acid, aucubin, beta-carotene, beta-sitosterol, calcium, chromium, cobalt, fiber, linoleic acid, magnesium, manganese, mucilage, niacin, oleic acid, oxalic acid, phosphorous, potassium, riboflavin, selenium, sodium, stigmasterol, thiamine, tin, zinc
• The Psyllium Husk and Powder is a product consisting of the epidermis and adjacent layers of the dried ripe seeds of the plant.
• Psyllium Powder is a pulvarised form of the Husk. Its gradient depends on its sieve size.
• Psyllium Husk Powder is a natural agent to provide sufficient dietary fibre to the fibre deficient diet.
• Psyllium powder readily absorbs water and forms a smooth bulky mass that moves through the intestinal tract.
• Psyllium Husk Powder is used in Ice Cream, Jams, Beverages, Bread, Biscuits, other baked food, instant noodles, waxy rice products, rice cakes and other dishes.
• It Improves softness and body texture, Provides strength as binder and stabilizer
• Prevention of crumbling of solid ingredients due to moisture retention
• Psyllium Husk Powder provides the much need dietary fibre to the fibre deficient food
• Psyllium Husk Powder is useful for slimmers as part of calorie controlled diet and when taken regularly can help to keep you trim, clean and healthy.
• Psyllium Husks Powder is the strongest natural dietary fiber for promoting regularity and supporting heart health as well as for promotion of digestive regularity.
• Psyllium husk and seeds are used to prepare Psyllium Powder which is used as an ingredient in the manufacture of various medicinal applications like effervescent and fibre foods.
• It is very difficult to achieve consistent quality in the production of Psyllium Husk Powder because of natural variations in raw seeds therefore quality inspection is essential while purchasing raw material.
• Psyllium powder has traditionally also been a major component of Indian medicinal herbs used in Ayurvedic and Allopathic preparations.
• Psyllium powder is used for pharmaceutical preparations for lowering of cholesterol.
• Psyllium is traditionally used to help maintain regularity, support intestinal cleansing and aid the softening of faecal matter.
• It is important to maintain adequate fluid intake when taking Psyllium Husk Powder to help maintain healthy bowel movements, ease and regularity.
• Psyllium Husk Powder can be a convenient way to increase the intake of dietary fiber. It has the ability to swell up to 50 times its initial volume when added to liquid. This bulking action can play an important role in maintaining regularity and gastrointestinal health.
How to use:
Typical dosage: 1 tablespoon dissolved in an 8 ounce glass of water or juice. Take 30 minutes before eating to reduce appetite. An easy way to get more fiber in your diet is to use a tablespoon of seeds/and or husks in a smoothie.
The usual adult dose is 3 to 5 gm. Children may be given half the adult dose.
Weight: 250 gms