Punarnava Root Powder - 250 g
Ayurvedic herb that is used in various traditional medicines, punarnava root powder from Truu rejuvenates the body. This ayurvedic herb promotes healthy flow of urine and is a rejuvenating herb for kidneys.
FREE DELIVERY within India for orders above 499
Estimated Delivery: 10 - 15 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
What is it -
Common Name: Spreading Hogwood, Punarnava
Botanical name: Boerhavia diffusa
Parts Used : Root
Herbs are the 'medicinal plants' used in treating and curing ailments, as well as enhancing the wellbeing, vigour and vitality of an individual. Other than this, herbs have also been associated with providing seasoning, flavouring and essence to the food items. Today, herbs find immense usage in the field of medicine, food industry and also in the manufacturing of beauty products. The simple herbs that can be grown in the kitchen gardens find meritorious and handy use in treating day-to-day maladies. And particularly in recent years, herbs have found a lot of acceptance worldwide. This is because these are easy to use, safe with few if any side effects and are essentially an asset that puts our bodies in harmony with the nature.
What it contains:
The root of B. diffusa contains alkaloids (punarnavine), rotenoids (boeravinones A-F),flavonoids, amino acids, lignans (liriodendrons), ß-sitosterols and tetracosanoic, esacosanoic, stearic
and ursolic acids
• Punarnava removes excess Kapha (Water) from the body.
• Punarnava supports the functioning of the heart, liver and kidneys.
• Punarnava promotes balanced fluid levels in the tissues that are already in the normal range.
• Punarnava Powder is a very effective diuretic as it works on the urinary system and it corrects the functioning of the damaged nephrons of kidneys which get damaged in cases of high blood sugar levels.
• Punarnava Powder also acts as mild laxative and enhances the appetite.
• It works as Rasayana (Longevity enhancer) as it flushes out the toxins from body tissues and nourishing the various body channels.
• Punarnava Powder enhances the quality of dhatus (Tissues) like nutrient plasma (Rasa dhatu), Blood (Rakta dhatu) Muscles (Mamsa dhatu) fat (Meda dhatu) Bone marrow & nerves (Majja dhatu) Reproductive fluids (Shukra dhatu).
• Punarnava Powder increases the secretion of urine. It is effective in the symptoms of edema. When excessive fluid is collected in the tissues and cavities of the body.
• Punarnava is used to support comfortable movement of the joints for those with Kapha (Water) constitutions and imbalances.
• Punarnava promotes the healthy flow of urine.
• It is a rejuvenating herb for the kidneys in Ayurveda.
• It is a rejuvenator for the body and the Reproductive organs.
• This herb is used for the water metabolism.
• Useful in inflammation and edematous symptoms (Shofa Ghana).
• Useful in curing symptoms of anaemia with low hemoglobin.
• It improves digestive fire (Deepani).
• It has the power to rejuvenate and revitalize body.
• It acts as good tonic in general debility.
How to use:
The powder of the seeds of Punarnava can be taken in a dosage of 1 to 3 grams approximately.
In stomach colic 5 gm dose of Punarnava Powder is helpful.
The decoction of Punarnava Powder is effective and helpful in the edematous condition. Dosage for decoction is 4-6 gm.
1-3 gm "Punarnava Powder" with a glass of Milk once or twice a day acts as a good energy tonic.
Weight: 250 gms