|Free Delivery For Orders above 499||100% Secure Payments & Cash On Delivery All major credit and debit cards accepted||100% Money Back Guarantee 7 Days return policy||Order On Phone 08033172888|
1. 2 cups of dried roselle calyces, washed and with seeds removed
2. 2 liters of water
3. Juice from one-half of a lemon or lime
4. 3/4 cup of sugar or to taste
1. Combine the calyces and water in a large pot and bring to a full boil. Remove from stove and let steep covered for 30 minutes. The color should be a deep red-purple, like some kinds of grape juice. At this stage, some people recommend refrigerating the mixture for 24 hours. Others proceed immediately.
2. Strain off the liquid through a sieve and throw away the roselle calyces.
3. Stir in lemon juice and sugar.
4. Serve hot or cold.
If it’s to be served hot, less sugar is needed to approximate that Red Zinger zip. After removing the pot from the stove, add a few slices of fresh peeled ginger root or add rum and ginger to the cold version. That's an especially popular drink at Christmas time! Enjoy your drink!