Safed Musli Root Powder - 250 g
Safed musli, a rare herb from india has been used in ayurvedic and other tarditional system of medicines. Safed musli root powder from Truu is obtained from the roots of the safed musli plant and is processed manually. It has many health promotional benefits
Estimated Delivery: 7 - 10 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
Safed musli root powder:
What is it -
Common name: Safed Moosli, Shaqaqule, Dholi Musli, Khiruva, Shedheveli, Swetha Musli, Taniravi Thang
Botanical name: Chlorophytum Borivilianum
Part used: root
Safed musli is originally found in forest areas in natural form. Its botanical name is Chlorophytum tuberosum. This species is found in abundance in natural forest areas. The plant is distributed in the subtropical Himalayas from Kumaon eastwards, the Khasia hills, Bengal, Assam, Kokan, Kanara, West peninsula and Madras extending to Kanyakumari. This plant was observed growing in patches in Pine in Rani khet and adjoining areas. It belongs to family Liliaceae. It is a herb with sub erect lanceolate leaves. It flowers in the month of August and early September. The flowers are white in color. The leaves are dried in the month of Dec./Jan. and it remains dormant during rest of year (early winter till break of monsoon). The propagation through seeds is very scarce. Since the establishment of the crop by seeds is very rare; if the tubers are removed the herb can not be reestablished in the natural forests. It occurs near Nalas and rolling terrain and gentle slopes in the forests.
What it contains:
Safed Musli contains carbohydrates (35-45%), fiber (25-35%), alkaloids (15-25%), saponins (2-20%), and proteins (5-10%).
• Safed musli is a very popular aphrodisiac agent, with no side effects. It is often prescribed for enhancing male potency and overcoming signs of fatigue. It is particularly used for individuals with low sperm count and low libido.
• It is also regarded as an energy booster in asthmatic conditions. The roots of the herb are also used to strengthen the general immune system of the body.
• The tuber roots of the plant have been used since ancient times, to prepare nutritive tonic for sexual weakness and is used in Ayurvedic medicines even today.
• Safed musli proves useful as a nutritive tonic for both the mother and the fetus, during pregnancy and is also used to replenish the body fluids during the post-partum stage.
• The herb improves the quantity and flow of breast milk, in feeding mothers.
• It has many health promotional benefits. It is used to control and prevent obesity and its side effects.
• The activities of vitamin C and antioxidant enzymes are also enhanced by the use of this plant species.
• Research has indicated that the plant species is used for curing diabetes and arthritic conditions.
• Safed musli is also beneficial in the treatment of natal and postnatal problems.
• Its regular use causes increase in the level of High Density Lipoprotein (HDL or good cholesterol) and decrease in the plasma and hepatic lipid profiles.
• Apart from rejuvenating the reproductive system, the herb prevents premature ejaculation and is also used in chronic leucorrhoea.
How to use:
Safed musli powder should be taken 5 Gms (one teaspoonful) in the morning and evening with luke warm milk.
Weight: 250 gms