What is it?
Common name: Shatawari, Shatmuli, Asparagus, Wild Asparagus, Asparagus root, Mahashatavari, Satavar, Satmuli, Kilavari, Satavali, Shatmuli, Satavari,
Botanical name: Asparagus racemosus
Part used: Root
Shatavari is called as Queen of herbs in the ayurveda. The roots are bitter, sweet, emollient, cooling, nervine, tonic, constipating, opthalimic, anobyne, aphrodisiac. The herb is used for the treatment of disease conditions like indigestion, dysentery, tumors, irritations, burning sensations, eye disorders, kidney disease, hepatopathy, throat disease, gonorrhea, leucorrhea, epilepsy and hyperacidity. Cooling herb supports the reproductive system. Shatavari is the best herb which has rejuvenating effects upon female reproductive organs. It is useful for both men and women. Shatavari is a climbing plant which grows in low forests throughout India. It is mainly the roots of the plant that are used for medicinal purposes.
What is in it?
The roots powder are bitter, sweet, emollient, cooling, nervine, tonic, constipating, opthalimic, anobyne, aphrodisiac.
Shatavari also contains bioflavinoids, essential vitamin B components, and the essential elements of calcium and zinc
How it will help you?
• Shatavari Powder is the main rejuvenative herb for women. It nourishes female reproductive organs thus enhancing female fertility. It tones and nourishes the female reproductive organs.
• Shatavari powder helps to relieve pains and controls blood loss during menstruation. Shatavari supports the production of breast milk for lactating mothers.
• Shatavari is a support for menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes. Shatavari Powder also promotes maternal health.
• Shatavari supports the function of the immune and digestive system.
• It is mild aphrodisiac in nature.
• It is also useful in Pre-menstrual symptoms thus gives relief in pain and also controls excessive blood loss during mensuration.
• It has the ability to balance pH levels in the vagina.
• It is also useful in male impotency and also decreases the inflammation in the sexual organs.
• Due to its cooling effect it is helpful in reducing inflammation in digestive conditions.
• It is useful in symptoms of hyperacidity because it reduces the secretion of stomach acid and protects the lining of stomach.
• It is also useful in old age people as it soothes the systemic dryness which is part of natural aging process.
• It also calms down irritability, anger.
• It is also useful in hyperactive children.
How to take
• In premenstrual symptoms, take Shatavari Powder in a dosage of 2 tsp twice a day with hot milk (one cup).
• Paste of Shatavari Powder gives soothing effect on burning sensation of the skin.
• Decoction of Shatavari Powder is useful in bleeding due to piles.
• Use Shatavari Powder in a dosage of 10 gm twice a day with milk (one cup) in general weakness.
• It is used both externally and internally.