True Elements Quinoa Grown In Peru - 500 gm
True Elements brings this incredible product to you straight from Peru, so that you experience the authentic taste and astounding powers of this grain on your health. This essential whole-grain food item, which is now readily available all across the globe, actually has its origins in the Andean region of Peru. A very versatile ingredient in the kitchen, it can be used to spruce up any ordinary dish with texture and a mild flavor. Try this nutritional powerhouse today!
FREE DELIVERY within India for orders above 499
Out of stock
Estimated Delivery: 7 - 10 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
• A complete source of protein.
• Presence of ALL amino acids.
• Can be used as a staple cereal or as ground flour.
• Contains antioxidants and is anti-inflammatory.
• An extremely multifaceted ingredient in the kitchen – easily inclusive in diet.
• High content of fiber.
• Gluten free.
•Low chances of being allergic with a high level of digestibility (thus suitable for young children too).
• Requires very less preparation time.
Benefits of Quinoa:
• Nutritious: Even though not technically a grain, It is considered to be a whole grain due to its various health benefits. It is gluten-free, non-GMO and is grown organically.
• Contains flavonoids: Molecules called flavonoids are usually found only in traces in specific foods. It contains two such important flavonoids: quercetin and kaempferol, which have been reported to have anti-cancer, antiviral, antidepressant, and anti-inflammatory effects.
• Fibrous: The content of soluble fiber present in quinoa is pretty reasonable, which means that it helps to lower cholesterol, reduce blood sugar levels and aids in weight loss.
• Amino Acids: Protein is generated in the body with the help of Amino Acids. Some of these amino acids are considered to be “essential” as our body cannot produce them internally and the only source of such acids can be from the food we eat and the dietary choices we make. It is one of the whole grains that contains all the essential amino acids required by the body to generate a protein, thereby making this food an excellent choice for people who follow sole Vegetarian Diets throughout their lives.
Low Glycemic Index: It has a low Glycemic Index which helps to keep blood sugar levels in check and keep diabetes far far away.
Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, and Potassium: Magnesium helps prevent diseases like osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease, Iron is essential for brain functioning and for preventing anemia, Zinc assists in preventing skin and liver diseases and Potassium lowers blood pressure, prevents kidney stones and helps in a management of hypercalciuria.
• Anti- Oxidants: Compared to many other staples and cereals, it is suggested to have an extremely high level of Anti-Oxidants, which protect the kidneys, heart, liver, pancreas and lungs from oxidative stress.
• Weight-Loss: It is rich in protein, which means that it can increase metabolism as well as reduce appetite significantly. Due to its high fiber content, it aids in the feeling of satiety after having consumed its portions, thereby making one eat lesser amount of calories on an overall level.
• Ideal for Diabetics: It can reduce insulin resistance and decrease abnormally high levels of insulin in the blood – making them suitable for people suffering from diabetes.
Whole Quinoa Grains.
How to use:
• It is important to note that Quinoa expands when cooked and hence the quantity should be appropriately taken into account. It is also naturally bitter due to the presence of an organically occurring substance called saponin and hence must be washed before use.
• It can be used as a substitute for rice in any recipe or even for consumption as a staple whole grain on a daily basis.
• Can be used as an ingredient while indulging in gluten-free baking.
• Can be used in salads or burgers or in runny food preparations like porridges or soups and stews.