Whether for food flavouring and colouring or medicinal and cosmetic purposes, this 100% natural and authentic turmeric powder (haldi) is the best choice! Weight: 100g
FREE DELIVERY within India for orders above 499
Availability: Out of stock
Estimated Delivery: 10 - 15 Business Days
Check for Shipping & COD?
Please Enter Pincode
What is it?
Common name: Turmeric, Huldi
Botanical name: Curcuma longa
Part used: Rhizome
The marigold-coloured spice, known as Turmeric, which is revered in India as ‘holy powder’, has been used for centuries to treat wounds, infections and other health problems. There has been increasing research into Turmeric’s main ingredient, Curcumin, and its astonishing array of antioxidant, anti-cancer, antibiotic, antiviral, and other, properties. Researchers have discovered that Curcumin acts by inserting itself into cell membranes, and making them more orderly, a move that improves the cells’ resistance to infection and malignancy. It appears that Curcumin – the pigment that gives Turmeric its yellow-orange colour, and which is thought to be responsible for many of its medicinal effects – is able to ‘discipline’ cells, and get them back into working order.
What is in it?
Curcumin, Resin, Volatile oil, Bitter principles
See the table below for in depth analysis of nutrients:
Turmeric (Curcuma longa), Nutritive Value per 100 g.
(Source: USDA National Nutrient data base)
Principle Nutrient Value Percentage of RDA
Energy 354 Kcal 17%
Carbohydrates 64.9 g 50%
Protein 7.83 g 14%
Total Fat 9.88 g 33%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Dietary Fiber 21 g 52.5%
Folates 39 µg 10%
Niacin 5.140 mg 32%
Pyridoxine 1.80 mg 138%
Riboflavin 0.233 mg 18%
Vitamin A 0 IU 0%
Vitamin C 25.9 mg 43%
Vitamin E 3.10 mg 21%
Vitamin K 13.4 µg 11%
Sodium 38 mg 2.5%
Potassium 2525 mg 54%
Calcium 183 mg 18%
Copper 603 µg 67%
Iron 41.42 mg 517%
Magnesium 193 mg 48%
Manganese 7.83 mg 340%
Phosphorus 268 mg 38%
Zinc 4.35 mg 39.5%
How it will help you?
• The active ingredient in turmeric powder is curcumin which benefits in a wide number of diseases.
• Turmeric powder benefits in epilepsy and bleeding problems, in various skin diseases and respiratory diseases.
• Turmeric powder reduces fevers, diarrhoea, urinary problems, poisoning etc.
• Ulcers respond well to external application of turmeric. It removes pus and watery discharges like leucorrhoea.
• Turmeric powder benefits in detoxifying the liver, regularises cholesterol levels, stimulates digestion, fights allergies and boosts immunity.
• Turmeric reduces inflammations, makes the blood thin, neutralises free radicals which makes it especially beneficial in arthritic conditions.
• Turmeric powder benefits the female reproductive system and uterus, breast milk, increases and purifies the semen.
How to take?
1 teaspoon (1.5 grams) of Turmeric Powder per day has herbal remedy benefits. Turmeric is best mixed with food/milk that has fatty components. The fats in foods (and in milk) play a vital role in making the active ingredient in Turmeric (Curcumin) available for use by the body. Curcumin is almost totally insoluble in water, but is completely soluble in fat, and dissolves readily in coconut milk or cream, especially if they arewarm (only heat the milk/cream, do not boil, as this may damage the medicinal properties of the natural Turmeric medicine)